Quick and Easy Recipes for November
Fall is officially here…Well, kind of for us San Diegans. It is November and my favorite time of year because everything Pumpkin is acceptable. Also, this time of year there are a ton of social events centered around food like work potlucks, Friendsgiving, etc. And if you are anything like me you leave everything to the last minute and find yourself running to your local grocery store to pick up something store bought.
But this year I refuse to be that person at the party who brings the store bought dish still in the grocery bag.
For the month of November, I am going to share with you quick and easy recipes that will have you feeling like you have made a homemade dish that will be the star of the party.
NEW RECIPES EVERY THURSDAY IN NOVEMBER!!!
This week I am sharing my Semi-Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes that will have everyone running back for more.
Here is what you will need for the Cupcakes:
Cupcake Baking Cups
1 Box of Yellow Cake mix
1 Can of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
½ Cup of Milk
⅓ Cup of Vegetable Oil
1 ½ Teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Splash of Vanilla Extract
1 Container of Cream Cheese Frosting (if you don’t have time to make your own frosting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or 325 degrees for dark or nonstick pan, place Cupcake Baking Cups in a regular size cupcake/muffin baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl mix yellow cake mix, milk, pumpkin, oil, eggs, splash of vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice. It is best to use an electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds, then on medium to high speed for about 2 minutes. Or you can mix by hand until mixture is smooth.
- Fill cupcake baking cups about ⅔ full of the mixture
- Bake for 19-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcake cool for about 30 minutes
- Frost cupcakes with canned frosting or homemade frosting (recipe below) and decorate to your liking.
If you are really feeling fancy, here is what you will need to make your own Whipped Cream-Cream Cheese Frosting *This is the way to go*
1 Package of Cream Cheese (8oz)
1 Cup of White Sugar
1 Pinch of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
1 ½ Cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- In a medium mixing bowl beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form and set aside.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl mix cream cheese, salt, vanilla, and sugar until smooth, once smooth fold into heavy whipping cream.
If you make these cupcakes, be sure to post a photo on your social media and tag me in it.